«Arbatskaya» is the station of the Filyovskaya line of the Moscow metro. Located on the line between Aleksandrovsky Sad and Smolenskaya stations.
It was opened on May 15, 1935 as part of the first stage. The original project name is «Arbat Square».
It was named after Arbat Street, like the station of the same name on the Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya line.
The station was erected on the site of the temple of Tikhon, Bishop of Amaphunt, built in 1689. It was opened on May 15, 1935 as part of the first section of the Moscow metro from 13 stations — Sokolniki — Park Kultury with a branch Okhotny Ryad — Smolenskaya.