skip to Main Content

Cherkizovskaya is a Moscow metro station on the Sokolnicheskaya line. Located between the stations «Bulvar Rokossovskogo» and «Preobrazhenskaya ploshchad». It is located in the Preobrazhenskoye district of the Eastern Administrative District of Moscow. It was opened on August 1, 1990 as part of the Preobrazhenskaya Ploshchad — Podbelskogo Street section. It was temporarily closed from 16 to 23 February and from 30 March to 4 April 2019 for the construction of the Great Circle Line.

The station was opened on August 1, 1990, together with the Podbelsky Ulitsa station (renamed in 2014 to Rokossovskogo Boulevard), as part of the Preobrazhenskaya Ploshchad — Podbelskogo Street section, after the commissioning of which there were 143 stations in the Moscow metro …

Named after the village of Cherkizovo, which in 1917 entered the Moscow line. The village has been known since 1378 and was named after Tsarevich Serkiz (Cherkiz), a native of the Golden Horde, to whom it was bestowed upon baptism and entering the service of the Grand Duke Dmitry Donskoy among several lands in the vicinity of Moscow (four different villages received the name Cherkizovo, they are often mixed). Since the 1960s, Cherkizovo has become an area of ​​mass residential development, but some old brick buildings are still preserved in it.


А.Савин, Общественное достояние, via Wikimedia Commons

Back To Top
×Close search
Поиск