skip to Main Content

«Preobrazhenskaya Ploshchad» is a station of the Moscow metro. Located on the Sokolnicheskaya line between the Cherkizovskaya and Sokolniki stations. It is located in the Preobrazhenskoye district of the Eastern Administrative District of Moscow. It was opened on December 31, 1965 with the extension of the Kirovsko-Frunzenskaya (now Sokolnicheskaya) line to the north from the Sokolniki station.

The station was opened on December 31, 1965 with the extension of the Kirovsko-Frunzenskaya line (now the Sokolnicheskaya line) to the north of the Sokolniki station. Until 1990, it was the terminal station of this line. 75th station of the Moscow metro.

Named for the area it overlooks. The square was named after the village of Preobrazhenskoye, which arose in the middle of the 17th century around the Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord (blown up in 1964, rebuilt in 2014-2015), and in 1864 it was incorporated into Moscow.


А.Савин, Общественное достояние, via Wikimedia Commons

Back To Top
×Close search
Поиск