«Prospect Vernadskogo» is the station of the Sokolnicheskaya line of the Moscow metro. Located between the Universitet and Yugo-Zapadnaya stations. It is located on the territory of the Prospekt Vernadsky district of the Western Administrative District of Moscow.
The station was opened on December 30, 1963 with the extension of the Kirovsko-Frunzenskaya line (now the Sokolnicheskaya line) to the south-west of the Universitet station as part of the Universitet — Yugo-Zapadnaya section, after which the Moscow metro became 68 stations.
The station got its name from the avenue of the same name, which is named after the Russian academician, mineralogist and geochemist Vladimir Ivanovich Vernadsky (1863-1945).