Paveletskaya (Russian: Павелецкая) is a Moscow Metro station on the Zamoskvoretskaya line, located in the Zamoskvorechye District, Central Administrative Okrug. The station has entrances to the Paveletsky rail terminal and the Garden ring. It was opened in 1943 and was designed by S.V. Lyashchenko and E.S. Demchenko. Paveletskaya features tall white marble pillars decorated with the hammer and sickle and a high, arched ceiling. The walls are faced with white marble.
The long run between Teatralnaya (then Ploshchad Sverdlova, opened in 1938) and Avtozavodskaya was opened January 1, 1943. Work on Novokuznetskaya and Paveletskaya continued throughout 1943, and these two stations were opened 20 November 1943. Novokuznetskaya was commissioned as a completed station (most of its 1943 interiors surviving to date); Paveletskaya was built to a design by Alexey Dushkin as a temporary deep (33.5 meters underground) pylon station of London type — with two side platforms, but without a central hall.
Work on converting Paveletskaya to a fully functional station commenced in 1950; the station was reopened February 21, 1953. Fragments of original pylons were retained in the southern end of the station; the rest was expanded to a spacious column type hall of the same structure as Mayakovskaya. Bronze-coloured inserts with hammer and sickle motive, the sole example of figurative art in this station, were actually painted ceramic castings.